Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ning Ning Ning

One Ning I found that would be really useful to me in my teaching, and for anyone who is inspired by the idea of using technology for educational purposes, is Technology Integration in Education.

Just by browsing around the site I can see that it would be a great resource for me as a teacher who wants to bring technology into the classroom. Right on the main page, there is a discussion about software/programs that I've never heard of, so I am certain that it would expose me to different technologies to use in the classroom that I'm unaware of even existing! The community seems to be developed in a way, too, that everyone is interested in sharing with one another. They tell about how their experience with the technology went, what they chose to do with it, and what they would suggest to other teachers. One post that really struck my attention was "Skype Collaborative Projects." It seems like a great idea-sharing website that could inspire me to try unique things in my classroom that I would not think of otherwise. They also have webinars posted, which I would love to listen in on/watch, a resources page which I know I will need once I start using technology in the classroom, and they also discuss everyday teacher topics like how cell phones fit in to the classroom. All in all it seems like a great community to be a part of!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that this site has webinars as well as other resources. They are great for professional development.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete